Monday, June 18, 2007

Simple Pleasures!

Driving down the road is a new experience now. I recently acquired a used vehicle with satellite radio. This is a luxury item that that I would not buy myself except that it was already there. My first inclination was that this was something that I would use seldom. However, since I am a “talk radio” junkie, I thought I would find some news program to listen to.

In scanning the “too many” channels I stumbled on to a classic radio station. Old radio dramas along with shows like Bob Hope, Red Skelton and others are the mainstay of the channel. Just after discovery of the channel, an old western came on with the clip clop of the horse as it moved across the prairie. It proceeded to tell a gunfighter’s story. Found it very interesting.

I now find that I look forward to the jokes of Red Skelton, the Hi – Oh – Silver and the distinct voice of Joe Friday.

It is amazing how the simple things of days gone by can now seem so entertaining.

Life is good!

10-4 Willy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get Sirius or XM? I'm thinking about buying a one of these for my house. Sounds like you are well pleased with your new acquisition.

Willy said...

Sirius is what came in the truck. It is really enjoyable. My son-in-law has xm and really enjoys it.

Thanks for stopping by. Please stop by my other blogs.

Life in America and

Arkansas - a great place to live

Anonymous said...

I think I can get Sirius at a Radio Shack in the next county. I'll have to check it out.

I'll drop in on your other blogs, thanks for the invitation.