Friday, August 24, 2007

Company Meetings

I go to company meetings. They take me away from home. Out of my bed. Away from my wife. They try to give me the opportunity to mingle with people in my organization that I don't know - most of them much younger - and with whom I have nothing in common.

I used to enjoy such things. But the older I grow, (closer to retirement age) they seem to be much more just a necessary evil. It would be different if the meetings were for real training or knowledge involvement. However, we golfed and socialized for about 5 hours. We met for about 5 hours and went over very basic information - designed for the very beginning younger people. None of the information was new or informing.

I really believe the meetings are more for management to get a feeling that they are trying to bring comradre to a company. I guess it is ok.

Just make it close to home so I can be in my bed at night.

I believe I had rather be fishing.

10-4 Willy

No comments: