Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Willy's real Christmas Lights

Willy thanks everyone on the comments on the Christmas Lights. Willy is sure that everyone knows that those lights really aren't Willy's.

Willy is a great guy but even that is too much trouble for Willy to do. Seriously the wife has ok'd Willy's display of lights. It used to be elaborate with lights on the eves of the house, in the bushes, down the sidewalk, around the windows and just about like "Christmas Vacation."

However, now Willy's lights amount to a wire Christmas Tree with lights in the yard, a lit snowman in the yard and net lights on the bushes.

Last year when Willy was trying to put the lights on the eves of the house, Willy looked down from the ladder and figured out that Willy was a lot older and the ground looked a lot further away and Willy decided that the lights on the eves were not that pretty anyway.

No longer does Willy leave the ground to put up Christmas lights.

Willy just drives around and looks at others lights.

10-4 Willy

9 comments:

Kay Dennison said...

Excuse this english/spanish major's grammar but damn if I'm not surprised. I knew full well Mrs. Willy would NO WAY JOSE put up with that. I'm a-thinkin' Willy knows that, too!

Anonymous said...

Awww. I was hoping those were your lights, Willy. That was a masterful job!

Paul Eilers said...

Willy, when it comes to decorating the outside for the holidays, I'm with you.

Now just help me figure out a way to convince my wife...

Unknown said...

I liked those lights! You actually put UP lights.

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Grounded is good, unless you are holding electricity!

Good call Willy

Anonymous said...

I have decided this year that the boy is perfectly capable of putting the lights on the house. He did a damn good job this year too. It helps that he doesn't need to use a ladder since he towers over me.

Sandee said...

I knew those weren't really your lights, but it was funny.

I told my husband that we just might think about either hiring one of the kids in the neighborhood or not put up the eave lights anymore. I so understand that age thing.

Have a terrific day. :)

Donnie said...

There's nothing wrong with driving around looking at other's lights. If you look at enough, your wife will be glad that she doesn't have to look at yours.

BIBI said...

I'm glad that you got the lights up. It still doesn't hurt to look at others though. Willy are you out of the doghouse now that you put up THOSE lights?