Saturday, November 17, 2012

Knoweldgeable


Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

I’m trying to get knowledgeable before I go out there and position myself as a real estate agent. I mean, I already passed the licensing exam and everything but at the end of the day I want to know what I’m talking about before I take clients to a new house and they ask me a question I don’t know the answer to! I think that would be the most embarrassing thing I could imagine. I’ve been researching all the school districts in the area and looking online at Oncor Electric Information and even whether or not you need flood insurance in certain areas. For some reason I’m convinced that the more I know the better I’ll be able to sell a property, you know? It’s hard to imagine someone buying a house from someone who didn’t seem invested in the property and I want to be the go-to realtor when you need to hire someone who will do their homework. My parents keep telling me it’s a terrible time to get into real estate and to a certain level I do agree with them. But you know, it’s my choice and selling houses is always something I’ve been passionate about so I can’t wait to get started and make a name for myself in this business! If there was ever a career that had my name all over it it’s real estate! I know it’s a tough market and there are a lot of competitors out there doing the same thing I’m doing but you know, at the end of the day I think it’s all going to come down to the relationships I’m able to create with my clients and I’m good at building connections. I didn’t spend three years in a sorority for nothing – at least that’s going to help me get this business started off on the right foot! At least, I hope it’s going to get me started off well…

No comments: