Saturday, December 11, 2010

About those Church Hymns

A minister decided to do something a little different one Sunday morning.
clip_image001

He said "Today, in church, I am going to say a single word and you are going to help me preach.

Whatever single word I say, I want you to sing whatever hymn that comes to your mind." 

The pastor shouted out "CROSS."
clip_image002 and Immediately the congregation started singing in unison, "THE OLD RUGGED CROSS." 

The pastor hollered out "GRACE." The congregation began to sing "AMAZING GRACE, how sweet the sound." 

The pastor said "POWER." The congregation sang "THERE IS POWER IN THE BLOOD." 

The Pastor said "SEX" The congregation fell into total silence. 
clip_image003

Everyone was in shock. They all nervously began to look around at each other, afraid to say anything. 

Then all of a sudden, way from in the back of the church, a little old 87-year-old grandmother stood up and began to sing "PRECIOUS MEMORIES."

10-4 Willy

1 comment:

Sandee said...

I so swiped this one Willy. Bwahahahaha. I gave you credit of course.

Have a terrific day. :)