Monday, February 16, 2009

Peach Springs Arizona - Willy Cyber Travels.

Sandee of Comedy Plus - nails Willy's travels again.

Yes, Sandee Willy is at Peach Springs. - More about Peach Springs.

Peach Springs
(Hualapai: Hà:ktəkwí:va) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Mohave County, Arizona, United States. The population was 600 at the 2000 census. Peach Springs serves as the administrative headquarters of the Hualapai (meaning People of the Tall Pine) people, and is located on the Hualapai Reservation.

Just west the Grand Canyon Caverns on Route 66, the highway meanders into the lands of the Hualapai Indians, a reservation that encompasses more than a million acres, including 108 miles of the Colorado River and the Grand Canyon.

Peach Springs is about 12 miles west of Grand Canyon Caverns and is the tribal headquarters for the reservation.

The “People of the Tall Pine” have been occupying these lands for more than 1,400 years, where the west rim of the Grand Canyon and the river below, has long since provided food sources and medicinal needs to the tribe. It was from the Haulapai's west rim, that the earliest visitors accessed the wild Colorado River below.

4 comments:

Sandee said...

Woo Hoo. That was a fun one Willy. Pretty easy too. I'm going to bet the next one will really be tough.

Have a terrific evening. :)

Unknown said...

That might have been easy for Sandee -- but not for me. I'm learning new stuff every time you travel, Willy.

Jackie said...

Me too Sherry. the first thing I need to learn is the day that Willy travels.

He won't answer me. Hey come on over willy and see my new blog and my chicken for Speedy.

And also tell me if you do this on Sundays.

http://simplyshinade.blogspot.com

10-4:-)

BIBI said...

Wow sounds interesting. You have the most interesting places that you visit Willy. Is anyone gonna win a trip with you soon? *whispeing* pick me, pick me! :^)