Thursday, February 19, 2009

Willy and the Social Sites


Guess Willy is going to have to get some younger thing to help him understand these social sites.

Twitter - everyone wants to be Willy's friend. Willy clicks on Follow and the next thing you know Willy has more friends than he has ever had. Most of these folks have no idea who Willy is and Willy sure don't know them. (been looking for Juanita that used to be at the diner. She left and Willy wonders where she went. Tweet - Tweet - Juanita where are you)

Willy got side tracked. - The next thing Willy knows his Twitter is filled with short comments from people that Willy don't know and don't care to know that they just ate supper. Help Willy with that one.

Facebook - Willy likes this one a little better - at least it is linking me to friends and family. No big deal Willy knows who they are any way.

Willy still has that same problem. Someone may write on your wall and you would like to write something back - but all your friends and family are watching. Its like passing a note in class but you get caught and have to read it out loud.

Then you are supposed to Poke someone. Well, I haven't been brave enough to try that one. Might get slapped.

But Willy is getting good each day at announcing to the world "Willy is proud to be on Facebook"

"Or Willy is up and on the computer" Willy even has one person that comments to Willy like he cares.

It all goes back to the post the other day.

Willy just don't know "WHY"

6 comments:

Sandee said...

It takes up too much time to do those things for me. So I asked why would I want to. The answer? I don't want to. So this time I could answer the why.

Have a terrific day Willy. :)

Unknown said...

I've been on Facebook for a couple of years now. That's because I went to law school in my mid-50s and just joined in with my fellow students. Now, my son won't be my friend on Facebook because he says I have too many friends under 30!!!
I haven't ventured onto Twitter yet. I've got to learn one thing at a time.

The Silver Age Sara said...

Hey Willy, don't follow everyone who follows you on Twitter. I learned that the hard way for sure. Got to say I enjoy Facebook way more than dropping Entrecards.
I enjoyed your post.

Da Old Man said...

Willy, Twitter just looks too much like a job to me. And I have no desire to get poked.

I just drop entrecards and hang out with humorbloggers.

Jackie said...

I am on Twiiter and Facebook Willy. but, I never have time for them.

I am clueless when it comes to facebook. Everyone else says they are hooked on the games there.

Well no one gave me a map and I haven't found any games yet.

As for Twitter it does come in handy because it links to your blog if you add your RSS feed under your account settings.

then whenever you publish all of the people that are your friends see your post come up with a link.

Unless of course your friends are like me and rarely ever sign in!!

I just don't have the time. It's all I can do to keep up with drops and my blog.

But, I would love to be your friend.

http://www.twitter.com/shinade

I hope you have a good weekend Willy!!:-)))

Sinclair said...

Tweet, tweet: Twitter and Facebook are a waste of time. I have facebook to keep in touch with old friends and family, but don't post or play games there. Purty much, if there is a major catastrophe, I can broadcast to all at once before diving into the bomb shelter.